Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waterfall in acrylics

Hi everyone.

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. My dear friend, David Meigs suggested I put down my pencils for a little while and did some paintings. That got me thinking and I realized that it's been about 20 years since I got rid of my oil paints.

Realizing it was that long, I decided to do as David suggested and pick up on my painting again. The trouble was, I had given away all my oil paints because the fumes used to get to me. So, this time around I decided to try acrylics.

Acrylics are so different to oils--they dry so fast that my first attempt at them (a beach painting, which I won't show you) just didn't feel right so I put it aside and started a new painting. This time it was a waterfall and I used more paint and worked faster. It is fun, but still not the same as oils.

After I finish the waterfall, I'll try oils again and keep the windows open. Anyway, here is my waterfall painting so far. It isn't finished yet, but I've had a few people ask to see what I'm doing so here it is so far. I will post the finished painting when it's done.


No comments: